Academic visitors



We welcome applications to take part in our Academic Visitors Scheme from overseas academics who are interesting in spending a period of time to undertake research at the 成人B站.

Our Academic Visitor Scheme is open to members of staff from all overseas institutions who are currently employed by their home institution.

If you are interested in coming to the 成人B站 as an academic visitor, please read the information carefully to ensure that you meet the requirements.


Facilities and benefits

As an academic visitor at the 成人B站 you will receive:

  • A general introduction to the University and its Outstanding facilities.    
  • Access to the University Staff Development Programme which offers a wide range of workshops, training, events and activities to further your professional development.
  • A 成人B站 Associate Staff ID card.   
  • Access to Information Services (including libraries and computer labs).   
  • 成人B站 email address.   
  • 成人B站 with a member of staff from your chosen Institute or School.          

Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee the provision of a personal office space, personal computer and telephone.

Who can apply?

Who qualifies as an academic visitor?

  • An individual who wishes to make use of their sabbatical leave overseas to carry out research.   
  • An individual who wishes to take part in research / teaching / clinical practice as a senior experienced medical doctor.   

An academic visitor must also provide evidence they have been working as an academic in an institution of higher education overseas, or in the field of their academic expertise immediately before applying for a place on our Academic Visitors Scheme.

 You will not qualify for the Academic Visitor Scheme if you are: 

  • A recent graduate.   
  • On sabbatical leave from a private research company.   
  • Post-graduate researcher who is undertaking studies leading to an accredited UK academic qualification.   
  • Named researcher undertaking grant funded research.   
  • Lecturer undertaking a series of fee - paid lectures.

 Please note that Academic Visitors are not able to: 

  • Register as a student.   
  • Work towards a qualification.   
  • Undertake paid work.   
  • Stay longer than 12 months.   

Visa requirements

Academic visitors are responsible for applying and paying for all visas and other permissions required by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for the express purpose of carrying out the proposed academic activity. 

You can check if you need a UK visa using an online service available on the UKVI website. Please note that the maximum period of stay on the Academic Visitor Scheme is 12 months. If aiming to stay for longer you should contact us to discuss your circumstances. 

In some countries it may be possible to apply for a visa online, but you should check with your own immigration authority or embassy for details of how to apply and their average processing times. 

The link below provides some more details of the documents required to apply for a visa for your visit with us: 

Academic Visitor Visa

How to apply?

To apply for a place on the Academic Visitor Scheme, please complete the online form Academic Visitors Application Form.     

Your application will then be passed to the relevant School and Research Group within the University.

Upon receiving your application, we will assess your application carefully. We will contact you with any questions which we may have.

We strongly advise you to plan your academic visit either by the beginning of September / October or January / February to coincide with the beginning of our academic semesters. However, if you are doing joint research with a member of our staff, the starting times may be more flexible.

Please note that the University does not provide accommodation for Academic Visitors, and you will need to make your own arrangements for accommodation for your time in the UK.


For information on various funding schemes for incoming researchers visit our .

成人B站 us

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information, via